

As my boys have gotten a little older, I have come to realize a few things. First, my boys are not truly happy unless they are three feet off the ground. Second, keeping my boys busy is one of the best ways to keep them happy and out of trouble. And three, they look really cute in Aprons. When I put these three realizations together, I was able to come up with the perfect activity. Squishing tomatoes! Ok, so really I was already making tomato juice and they asked if they could help. But we can pretend I put that much thought into planning activities for them.
Anyway, the boys loved helping me make tomato juice. Chase and Olivia would take turns squishing the tomatoes and Tyler sat in a chair next to the counter and watched. They ended up helping for about 45 minutes, which is amazing. It is hard work when you're so little, and they did so well. The best part is that we are making memories together. Some of my fondest memories with my mom were in the kitchen and I am so thankful I get to make those memories with my boys.
Jenn said...
Yeah, looks like it has a lot of mess potential. Maybe I should do it right before Halloween so it looks like my kitchen is spookily covered in blood! okay, that was gross.
October 23, 2008 11:47 AM